Friday, September 24, 2010

LIFE MANAGEMENT: Kicking Bad Habits and forming Good Habits

Human is a creature of habits. We all unknowingly develop habits, some good and some bad. Sometimes we try to justify that its ok to have some bad habits. If that bad habit does not cause any damage to your daily life, den it is ok. But some bad habits can go out of control and create havoc to your life. For example, gambling. Its ok if you gamble occasionally with small bets like 4D or TOTO. But when you start to borrow heavily from loansharks or friends and have problem paying back, then that is considered damaging. If you can one of those person and wish to get out of this downward spiral, den this article is for you. Please read on.



According to experts, a habit approximately takes 30 days to form or kick away. So if you want to kick a bad habit, you also need 30 days to kick it away. Each time you can only FOCUS on 1 habit. You can't have too many habits to change because it will only works if you focus or entire mental energy on the habit you want to change.



I have successfully kick away SMOKING for 10 yrs since 20 DEC 1999. I also also successfully kick away the bad habit of drinking CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES since 24 JULY 2010. I picked up a good habit EXERCISING 3x/WEEK since MAR 2002, and taking COLD SHOWER DAILY since 1 JUN 2010. And the list goes on. I thought that it will be good to share my techniques to people out there who may need them.



First, you need to draw out a list of all your bad habits and good habits that you want to kick or form. You will list them in order of difficulty. Do the easy one first so that when you succeed, you will feel more confident and in control to tackle the next one.



For example, on the month of OCT, i have decided to stop being late for work and appointments. After that, write down what are the remedy actions you need to do to make sure you won't be late.



Month: OCT Habit: LATE
Remedy Actions:

1) Target to reach the place 15mins early.
2) Leave house early.

3) Pack your bag the night before, so you won't panick in the morning.

4) Plan ahead what you want to do for the next day, so you won't need to rush and end up late for appointments. Give yourself sufficient time between appointments, so you won't be stuck at one appointment and get late for the next one.

5) Do not procrastinate. There is a time for everything. Time for work, time for play, and time for rest. Let go of what you are working on when its time to rest, let go of play when its time to work. Be in the present moment.

6) Print this out in a form and paste on it the wall or office cubicle, so you will get to see it and always be reminded of it.

7) Declare this target to the people that matters to you. Eg. Friends, family, colleagues. When there are people to monitor and remind you, you will have less chance to give up or forget about it!

8) Lastly, reward yourself at the end of the month when you have succeeded!



By end of OCT, if you have maintain the good habit of being punctual, then you can move on the the next habit on NOV. But in the month of NOV, you still have to be consistent in being punctual, not that you can go back to your usual ways. But you will find that by NOV, it will be much easier to be punctual, den it is in the beginning of OCT.



I wish you the best of luck kicking bad habits!!! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck.
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete